Candy Cane Lane in West Allis will open Friday, Nov. 27. The West Allis neighborhood bounded by Oklahoma and Montana Avenues and 92nd to 96th Street will be transformed into a winter wonderland for the 24th year to benefit the Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC) Fund.
The holiday lights will be lit from Nov. 27 until Dec. 27, from 6 to 9 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays and 5 to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. People come from all over the Midwest to drive or stroll through this uniquely decorated neighborhood. The event is free, but visitors may leave a donation if they wish. All donations benefit children with Cancer. A variety of other entertainment is also offered throughout the month:
- Friday, Nov. 27 – North Shore Bank Night and Seymour the Seagull
- Sunday, Nov. 29- Star Wars character night! An amazing cast of characters with entertain the crowds
- Monday, Nov. 30 – Meet Kidd and Elizabeth from 99.1 WMYX’s Morning Mix from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Wedneday, Dec 2- Meet Karen, Scott and Radar from FM106’s morning ‘Moo Crew!’ from 6-7:30 p.m. Milwaukee’s own John McGivern from 7-9 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 3 – Bailey Coleman from V100 will be out from 6-7:30 p.m.; Milwaukee Wave players are out from 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 4 – Stop by the Village at Manor Park 8621 S. Beloit St. for a warm beverage and treats from 6-9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 5 – Star Wars character night! An amazing cast of characters with entertain the crowds
- Sunday, Dec. 6 – Meet Jay Olstad from TODAY’s TMJ4 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8 – Connie & Fish from 97.3The Brew will be out from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 10 – Meet Meg and Dave from 95.7 WRIT and West Allis Mayor Dan Devine from 6-7:30 p.m. and the Milwaukee Wave Dance Team from 7:30 – 9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 11 – Say thank you to your Wisconsin Vietnam Vets, and celebrate annual Mascot Night with Mascots from your favorite teams and businesses.
- Saturday, Dec.12 Old Wisconsin Sausage/Majdecki’s Sentry Night Old Wisconsin will donate 10 percent of their sales to Candy Cane Lane. Talented artists carve ice blocks into art in front of neighborhood homes at 10:00 a.m.
- Monday, Dec. 14 The Diamond Dancers – the Professional Dance Team of the Milwaukee Brewers are out from 6-9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 15 – Meet the Milwaukee Buck’s Energee! Dance Team from 7:30- 9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 18 Meet West Allis’ fire fighters and bring the kids to see their fire engines, ladder company engines, and paramedic units. Great, safe fun for the whole family.