Several new health care facilities are under construction, or are planned, by providers in southeastern Wisconsin.
- ProHealth Care’s $70 million, 116,000-square-foot cancer center is slated to open in the summer. It is located on a 14-acre site, just north of the Pewaukee Road and I-94 interchange.
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s Center for Advanced Care is anticipated to be completed in the fall. The eight-story, 610,000-square-foot building at the Froedtert Hospital campus in Wauwatosa is the largest construction project undertaken by the three-hospital, 30-clinic health network. Construction began in 2013.
- Kenosha-based United Hospital System in August of 2014 began construction on a new three-story, 31,000-square-foot medical office building located in the Town of Somers’ Somers Market Center. It is expected to be completed in the spring or summer.
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin are planning two expansion projects at Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls: a $7.9 million, two-story, 16,450-square-foot addition to the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Joint Replacement Center and a $9 million, 4,800-square-foot expansion and renovation of the emergency department. Both are slated to be completed in early 2016.
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin expect construction on a $13 million, 15,000-square-foot emergency department addition to their Moorland Reserve Health Center in New Berlin to begin in the spring pending state approval. Fall of 2016 would be the anticipated completion date.
- Froedtert Health plans to open a significant primary and specialty care health center in a health and fitness building that will be built in the Drexel Town Square development in Oak Creek. Construction is expected to begin this year and take about two years to complete.