Glance at Yesteryear: Building Harley’s home

Photo courtesy of the Harley-Davidson Museum
Photo courtesy of the Harley-Davidson Museum

This 1912 photo shows excavation work being done for Harley-Davidson’s building No. 5, now located at 3700 W. Juneau Ave. in Milwaukee. Crews relocated the Buchman Mfg. Co. building to the north before starting work on the building that now has Harley’s main entrance. The Harley-Davidson Museum recently opened an exhibit on the construction of the Juneau Avenue plant, which is now Harley’s corporate headquarters.

Submit your company’s historic photos for Glance at Yesteryear consideration to arthur.thomas@biztimes.com

Sign up for BizTimes Daily Alerts

Stay up-to-date on the people, companies and issues that impact business in Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin

Arthur covers banking and finance and the economy at BizTimes while also leading special projects as an associate editor. He also spent five years covering manufacturing at BizTimes. He previously was managing editor at The Waukesha Freeman. He is a graduate of Carroll University and did graduate coursework at Marquette. A native of southeastern Wisconsin, he is also a nationally certified gymnastics judge and enjoys golf on the weekends.

No posts to display