Friday is the deadline to register for the annual BizTimes Milwaukee Get Smarter Talent Development Conference.
The event features some of the region’s top young business leaders who will provide insight to help an audience of young professionals advance their careers.
Get Smarter will be held from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino in Milwaukee. Click here to register.
The conference will include rapid-fire presentations comprised of 50 Ideas in 50 Minutes, presented by several top business leaders in the Milwaukee area. That group includes:
- Abby Andrietsch, executive director, Schools That Can Milwaukee
- Matt Cordio, founder, Startup Milwaukee, Skills Pipeline and The Commons
- Darienne Driver, Ed.D., superintendent of schools, Milwaukee Public Schools
- Marc Gorelick, COO, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Katie Perhach, Milwaukee office managing partner, Quarles & Brady LLP
- James Phelps, principal in charge, JCP Construction
- Omar Shaikh, co-owner and president, SURG Restaurant Group
Prior to the 50 Ideas in 50 Minutes presentations, a panel of “Rising Stars,” or up-and-coming young professionals, will discuss their career accomplishments and challenges. The panel session, to be moderated by Corry Joe Biddle, executive director of FUEL Milwaukee, will be interactive so that audience members can tailor their questions to what is most relevant for their own career paths.
The “Rising Stars” panelists incluide:
- Amanda Kerkemeyer, executive audit manager, GE
- Heather Turner Loth, project development, Eppstein Uhen Architects
- Dustin Zick, PR senior manager and social media specialist, Cramer-Krasselt
The Get Smarter Talent Development Conference costs $40 for individuals.