This photo, taken circa 1935, shows the George Hambach Building, built in 1895, which contained Roundy’s Branch No. 1. Located at 221 N. Broadway in the Historic Third Ward, the building now houses Hospitality Democracy restaurant Onesto. Roundy’s went on to open many more grocery stores in Milwaukee under the Pick ‘n Save and Metro Market brands, which are now owned by Kroger.
— This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection. Additional images can be viewed online at www.mpm.edu