The fifth annual BizTimes Get Smarter Conference will focus on how employers can use apprenticeships, internships and mentorships to develop their future workforce and become more productive.
The event will take place Thursday, Oct. 17, from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m., at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino.
The conference is presented with the premise that a smarter Milwaukee is a better Milwaukee, with smarter employees and more profitable companies.
The conference will begin with an expert panel discussion featuring:
* Megan Anderson, assistant director of the internship program at Alverno College and president of the Milwaukee Area College Internship Consortium( MACIC).
* Nicole Langley, market vice president of Wisconsin and northern Illinois for ManpowerGroup.
* Reggie Newson, secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
* Sister Joel Read, former president of Alverno College and a renowned mentor.
* Will Ruch, president and chief executive officer of Versant.
The 2013 BizTimes Get Smarter Conference is sponsored by Cardinal Stritch University and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. To register to attend, visit www.biztimes.com/smart.