For many readers, the annual Northern Trust Economic Trends Breakfast presented by BizTimes Media is the first major appointment of their calendar year.
Before the madness of the holidays sets in, mark your 2011 calendar for Friday, Jan. 21, when the conference will take place at the Italian Community Center in downtown Milwaukee.
The breakfast program provides an outlook for executives eager to know about the trends that will be shaping the business world in the year ahead.
The panelists will include:
- Michael Knetter, Ph.D., is an economist and is the president of the University of Wisconsin Foundation. Knetter will provide a macro-economic outlook for the year ahead.
- U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Janesville) is serving his sixth term as a member of Congress. Ryan will appear in person if the Congressional schedule allows or he will appear by video if Congress is in session. Ryan will shed light on the year ahead in Washington, D.C.
- Sara Meaney is a partner at Comet Branding, a Milwaukee strategic communications firm specializing in social and digital media. Meaney will share insights about successful social media strategies for businesses in 2011.
- Paul Grangaard is president and CEO of Allen Edmonds Shoe Corp. of Port Washington. Allen Edmonds survived the Great Recession and is now hiring again. Grangaard will discuss the outlooks for American manufacturers in a global economy and retail strategies.
- Owen Sullivan is executive vice president of Milwaukee-based Manpower Inc. and CEO of Manpower subsidiaries Right Management and Jefferson Wells. Sullivan will discuss emerging employment trends and employer strategies for executive and staff development.
To register or obtain additional information, visit www.biztimes.com/trends.