Want to Read More?
We're having a flash sale! Subscribe to BizTimes right now for only $5 per month ... over 40% off our normal rate.
Limited time offer. New subscribers only.
Already an Insider? Log In
Milwaukee-based Cobalt Partners LLC is planning to do another massive mixed-use development along I-894 in Greenfield, this one involving 38 acres at the Loomis Road interchange. The developer has 23 parcels under contract to purchase around West Loomis Road, I-894 and West Layton Avenue, according to a city report. And while Cobalt has not submitted a site plan outlining specifics, it expects the development to include "an array of potential uses," the report states. Those uses include:
- Up to 400,000 square feet of retail, office and medical uses north of the interchange, with future buildings reaching five stories in height.
- Up to 300,000 square feet in recreational and entertainment also north of the interchange, reaching four stories in height.
- A hotel of up to 130 rooms and five stories tall either north or south of the interchange.
- Multi-family of up to 600 units and four stories tall with underground parking on either the north or south side of the interchange.
- Up to 160,000 square feet of additional retail, office or medical uses south of the interchange reaching five stories in height.
- A gas station with convenience store and car wash south of the interchange, north of Layton Avenue.
- A billboard on either side of the interchange.