President | HSA Bank
1515 N. RiverCenter Drive, Suite 235, Milwaukee
- HSA Bank recently expanded its office space at Schlitz Park in Milwaukee to accommodate its rapid growth. The health savings account market has been growing at 20 percent annually, driven by employers’ efforts to reduce costs.
- Adding 430 employees over the past four years hasn’t been a challenge. “Being in the middle of this metro area with a lot of transportation access and parking and all of those types of things gives us good access to employees. We’re such a growing company, which gives individuals a lot of opportunities to grow into their careers as we grow.”
- Wilkins lived in Minneapolis for 20 years and moved to Milwaukee in 2014 for his current role. “What attracted me is they were interested in growing the business, investing in it and giving the team here the leeway to go out and do what we needed to do and make that happen.”
- He previously worked in commercial payments at U.S. Bank for 15 years, and then as CEO of health savings account provider Optum Financial Services for five years.
- In his free time, Wilkins rides road bikes and golfs, and he’s currently taking classes at the Milwaukee Community Sailing Center to take advantage of Milwaukee’s lakefront.
- Wilkins lives in Whitefish Bay and has two grown children. “They both graduated from college last year and are working and out of the house, which is really exciting.”
- He takes his coffee with cream and sugar, “which in Philadelphia they call ‘regular.’”