Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:54 am
- Wednesday, Jan. 12 The Waukesha County Business Alliance will host a Young Professionals Luncheon at the offices of Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren S.C., N16 W23250 Stone Ridge Dr., Suite 1, in Waukesha from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Guest speaker, Debra Lake a senior fellow of the Carroll University Center for Leadership Excellence, will present on ways to ask for constructive criticism, how to handle complaints and learn what it takes to get to the next level. Cost to attend is $15 for Alliance members and $30 for nonmembers. To register click here.
- Wednesday, Jan. 12 TEMPO International Washington County Chapter will host a luncheon event at the West Bend Country Club with guest speaker Rebecca Ryan, founder of Next Generation Consulting, and author of “Live First, Work Second.” Ryan will present a discussion entitled Unite and Ignite: Bringing Generations Together. The event will begin at 11:45 a.m. and the cost to attend is $35.
- Wednesday, Jan. 12 SPiN Milwaukee will host the next 123@5 networking event from 5 to 9 p.m. To register, click on the group’s LinkedIn page or Twitter Invite.
- Thursday, Jan. 13 The Business Marketing Association of Milwaukee will host a seminar and dinner program at the Italian Community Center, 631 E. Chicago St., from 4:30 to 8 p.m. The featured presentation will discuss Collaboration with Business Partners and will showcase executives from Miller Coors. John Mazuroski and John Federico of Appleton Coated will also conduct a seminar on the ROI of Print, for more information visit the BMA website.
- Wednesday, Jan. 19 Creativity Works!, will host a celebration at the Harley Davidson Museum, 400 W. Canal Street from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event will highlight the results of the study done to quantify the value of the Milwaukee Regional Creative Industries Project. Guests can enjoy food drinks and live music and will also be introduced to the initial implementation strategies and the creative industries website that will be used to connect creative talent in the community on one network. Tickets for the event start at $20; all proceeds going towards implementation efforts. Tickets can be purchased here. For more information on the Creativity Works! Project, read the BizTimes cover story: Milwaukee must grow its Creative Class.
- Friday, Jan. 21 BizTimes Media will host its annual Northern Trust Economic Trends Breakfast from 7:30-10:30 a.m. at the Italian Community Center, 631 E. Chicago St., Milwaukee. The program will feature a panel discussion about economic and political trends that will impact the business world in 2011. Panelists will include Michael, Knetter, economist and president of the University of Wisconsin Foundation; Congressman Paul Ryan; Sara Meaney, partner at Comet Branding; Paul Grangaard, president and CEO of Allen Edmonds Shoe Corp.; and Owen Sullivan, executive vice president of Manpower Inc. and CEO of Manpower subsidiaries Right Management and Jefferson Wells. Cost to attend is $55 per person or $550 for a table of ten. To register or for more information visit www.biztimes.com/trends.