- Thursday, Oct. 4, Target Free First Thursday will grant free admission to visitors at the Milwaukee Art Museum, 700 N. Art Museum Drive in Milwaukee. Admission is complimentary from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the first Thursday of each month, courtesy of Target. This month, a free concert in Windhover Hall at 7 p.m. will be included in the event. The concert will feature a performance of an original song titled “A New Rising Dawn” by Milwaukee Public Schools student Derrick Hahn. The song is a tribute to the museum’s Burke Brise Soleil. Hahn will be joined by a band comprised of some of his peers from the Ronald Reagan College Preparatory High School for the performance. For more information, visit http://mam.org/calendar/events/.
- Now through Thursday, Oct, 11, the Milwaukee Film Festival will celebrate the art of film with showings of more than 200 films. Film categories include specific tributes to film directors, spotlight presentations, competition, documentary festival favorites, fiction festival favorites and more. Films will be shown at the Landmark Oriental Theatre, the Landmark Downer Theatre, and Fox Bay Cinema Grill in Whitefish Bay. For more information about the schedule of showings, tickets and parking, visit www.mkefilm.org.
- Friday, Oct. 5, the Waukesha County Business Alliance will celebrate National Manufacturing Day with organized tours of area manufacturers for Waukesha County high school students, college students, parents and teachers. Tours are available at various times throughout the afternoon at manufacturers such as Aries Industries, DUECO, Magnetek, Power Test, and Waukesha Metal Products. For a complete list of participating manufacturers, schedule times and registration information, visit http://www.waukesha.org/.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, the Milwaukee Public Museum will kick off its Lunch and Lecture series with a presentation titled “A Trip through Wisconsin’s Geologic History.” The lecture, led by Patricia Burke, collection manager of geology, will traverse Wisconsin’s geological evolution over billions of years. An optional docent tour begins at 10:30 a.m. The lecture will be held at 11:30 a.m. in Gromme Lecture Hall, and a buffet lunch will take place at 12:30 p.m. in the Garden Gallery at the museum, 800 W. Wells Street in Milwaukee. Cost to attend the event is $19 for museum members and $24 for nonmembers. Cost to attend the lecture only is $5 for nonmembers and free for members. Attendees must register and can call 414-278-2728 to do so. For more information, visit http://www.mpm.edu/events/lunchlecture/.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, the Waukesha County Business Alliance will host a young professionals luncheon at Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren S.C., N16W23250 Stone Ridge Dr., Suite 1 in Waukesha beginning at 11:45 a.m. The luncheon will feature a “Chat with a CEO: A story of Success” presented by Austin Ramirez, CEO of HUSCO International. Cost is $20 for members of the Alliance and $30 for nonmembers. For more information or to register, visit http://www.waukesha.org/.
No posts to display