Spring training is just beginning for the Milwaukee Brewers and opening day will be here soon for the team’s winter weary fans.
The Brewers are adding several new attractions to Miller Park for the 2014 baseball season, including:
- The 1,493-square-foot Toyota Territory in right-center field will be converted from a 24-person private group area into a destination for all fans, capable of hosting more than 100 fans.
- AJ Bombers, a downtown Milwaukee burger restaurant and bar, will occupy a space on the outside of the stadium, along the west side near the right field gate. The restaurant will offer cheeseburgers, egg rolls, tater tots, shakes, custards, specialty concrete mixers and more.
- The Brewers Team Store by Majestic, located in the Miller Park Hot Corner down the left field line, will be expanded by 300 square feet. The expansion will provide more space for women’s merchandise and apparel.
- A statue of long time Brewers radio announcer Bob Uecker will be added in the last row of the highest level of the stadium, with an open seat next to it for photo opportunities. The statue will pay tribute to the Miller Lite “All Stars” ad campaign, which featured Uecker saying, “I must be in the front row,” only to be sent by an usher to the nosebleed seats.
- A “Brewers Wall of Honor” will be added outside of the stadium to commemorate prominent Brewers players, coaches and executives.
- About 150 flat screen televisions will be added throughout the stadium.
- Three flag poles will be added beyond the left-center field wall to fly the American flag, Wisconsin state flag and a Brewers flag.
- A kiosk will be added to the first base side of the field level concourse to display game-used items for sale.
- The east parking lot tailgate pavilions will be refurbished with new wood fascia and signage.
“It’s been a busy winter at Miller Park, and we’re excited to continue with our recent enhancements and construction projects as we focus on delivering the best fan experience possible,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger.