BizTimes Media has announced the recipients of its 2014 Health Care Heroes Awards.
The awards salute the impact and the accomplishments of people and organizations that are making a positive difference in the community on the front lines of health care.
The 2014 Health Care Heroes are:
Advancements in Health Care
- Dr. Michael Mitchell, investigator at the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Research Institute.
- Justin Mortara, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Mortara Instrument Inc.
- Kimberly Flannery, nutrition director at Wisconsin Athletic Club.
- Sue McKenzie, co-director of Rogers InHealth, Rogers Memorial Hospital.
- Robyn Kibler, administrator of Smart Smiles, a dental program sponsored by Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital.
- Dick Vogel, founder of Kathy’s House.
Corporate Achievement in Health Care
- Cultivate by Standard Process
- Source 1 Project Solutions Inc.
- Dr. Tito Izard, president and CEO of Milwaukee Health Services Inc.
- Eric Tetzlaff, administrator of Lake Terrace.
Health Care Staff
- Lisa Hacker, pediatric social worker, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Susan Meilinger, R.N. and health coach, Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Workforce Health Program.
- Heidi Sykora, Doctor of Nursing Practice and vice president of clinical quality services at the Milwaukee Center for Independence.
- Cedric Jones, burn support group volunteer, Columbia St. Mary’s Regional Burn Center.
- Jimmy Krznarich, full-time volunteer, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
The awards will be presented to the recipients in an inspirational program on Friday, Dec. 19, at the Potawatomi Hotel & Casino in Milwaukee, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. To register to attend, visit www.biztimes.com/hero.