BizTimes Milwaukee is seeking nominations for its 2011 Bravo! Entrepreneur and IQ (Innovation Quotient) Awards, which salute the region’s boldest companies and leaders.
Winners from each award programs will be honored at the seventh annual BizTech Conference & Expo at the Wisconsin State Fair Park, May 11-12.
To be considered for the Bravo! Entrepreneur Award, nominees should demonstrate the best traits of entrepreneurship, including willingness to take risk, drive, perseverance, etc. Additional criteria:
- Entrepreneur must be part of a closely-held company, which has been in business for a minimum of one year, and has a minimum of $1.5 million in annual sales.
- Entrepreneur must be the founder of the business, or have been critical to its growth.
- Company must be based in, or have been founded in, Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Sheboygan, Racine, Kenosha or Walworth counties.
- Company must show vision, risk and creativity.
- Company must be profitable.
- Entrepreneur should contribute to the community through charitable or leadership roles.
- Entrepreneur should demonstrate strong corporate culture.
- Company should have demonstrated significant growth and long-term potential.
The committee may honor a separate individual, in addition to the founder, if deemed appropriate.Self-nominations are encouraged. Nominations are due March 25, 2011.
To nominate a company leader for the Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards and view videos from last year’s luncheon, visit www.biztimes.com/bravo.
For the IQ Awards, judges will choose the most innovative, clever and unique products, services or processes among the companies nominated. Self-nominations are encouraged.
The nominated companies for IQ Awards must be based in Wisconsin and have a physical presence in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Sheboygan, Racine, Walworth or Kenosha County.
To nominate a company for the 2011 IQ Awards and view videos of the 2008 awards program, visit www.biztimes.com/iq.
The winners of both Bravo! Entrepreneur and IQ Awards will be honored at an awards luncheon at the BizTech Conference & Expo on Thursday, May 12.