BizTimes Media announced the finalists for its inaugural Nonprofit Excellence Awards Program.
More than 100 nominations were submitted for the first year of the program.
The program is designed to shine a light on the community impact of southeastern Wisconsin businesses and nonprofits. The program also salutes the work of for-profit organizations, executives and professionals who donate their time, talent and treasure to community causes.
The finalists for the program are:
Nonprofit Organization of the Year (Small)
- College Possible
- Make A Difference Wisconsin
- Rebuilding Together Greater Milwaukee
Nonprofit Organization of the Year (Large)
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
- Meta House
- Penfield Children’s Center
Nonprofit Collaboration of the Year
- Discovery World & Journey House
- Faye McBeath Foundation, Hunger Task Force, the United Way of Greater Milwaukee, Milwaukee Public Schools, Boys & Girls Clubs & Salvation Army
- Menomonee Valley Partners & Urban Ecology Center
Nonprofit Executive of the Year
- Bonnie Bellehumeur, president of Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Lynda Kohler, president of SHARP Literacy Inc.
- Sister Edna Lonergan, president of St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care
Nonprofit Social Enterprise
- GPS Education Partners
- The Water Council
- United Community Center
Corporate Citizen of the Year
- Emery’s Cycling Triathlon & Fitness
- Hunzinger Construction Company
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Corporate Volunteer of the Year
- Kevin Behl, Madison Medical Affiliates
- Peggy Groth, Tri City National Bank
- Maureen McGinnity, Foley Lardner LLP
In-Kind Supporter of the Year
- Core Creative
- Schroeder Solutions
- WISN-TV Channel 12
Next Generation Leadership
- Jesse Daily, CORE Consulting
- Pam Evason, Windermere Wealth Advisors
- Dimas Ocampo, R.C. Insurance Services Inc.
- Norman Doll, Pieper Electric
- Sylvia DuBois, Standard Process Inc.
- Raejean Kanter, Falk Group Public Relations
The finalists were selected by BizTimes Media with consultation from Amalia Schoone, president of the Association of Fundraising Professionals of Southeastern Wisconsin, and Jill Van Calster, president and CEO of Donors Forum of Wisconsin.
The finalists will be celebrated and the winners will be announced during a Nov. 4 breakfast and ceremony at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino Events Center in Milwaukee.
The awards presentation will be preceded by a panel discussion about the status of southeastern Wisconsin’s nonprofit industry and strategies for connecting business leaders and companies to charities. The panelists will include: Thomas Shannon, president and CEO of The BrightStar Wisconsin Foundation Inc.; Ken Hanson, founder and CEO, Hanson Dodge Creative; Alan Petelinsek, CEO of Power Test Inc.; and Maria Nicholas Groves, director of business development at The Novo Group and president of Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds. The panel discussion will be moderated by Kimberly Kane, founder and president, Kane Communications Group.
To register to attend, visit www.biztimes.com/npawards.