General Contact Information: 4755 W. Beloit Road, 53214, (414) 645-1530, (414) 671-8089 (fax)
Comprehensive Plan: The Comprehensive Plan for future growth has not yet been started, but is scheduled to be completed over the next two years.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan:
• 1st Possibly a meeting with the Community Development Authority depending on where the site of the development plan lies.
• 2nd Plan Commission Meeting for site plan review
• 3rd Only if zoning change required, Village Board Meeting
TIF No. 2 (2001) 20 acres of primarily retail and commercial bordered by Greenfield Avenue, Miller Park Way, Mitchell Street, and the Manufacturing facility to the west, projected close in 2013. The district was recently amended to include two vacant grain elevators.
TIF No. 3 (2002) 3.5 acre parcel of primarily retail and commercial developments located at 45th and Burham, projected close in 2018.
TIF No. 4 (2005) Site of the former Hot Point plant, slated for commercial and residential development.
– Former Wehr Steel Redevelopment has developed 3 parcels of land over 20 acres into 300,000+ sq. ft of light manufacturing warehouses. The project is nearing completion and currently finishing the third and final parcel. The tenants include: Lakeside Industries, Hangars Unlimited, and Norandex/Reynolds.
– TIF No. 2 has a Target Retail Center which will occupy 8 of the 20 acres in the TIF. The TIF District will also most likely have a grocery store as an additional anchor tenant.
– TIF No. 3 is a 50,000 sq. ft redevelopment building for light manufacturing warehouse space located across from the West Milwaukee Fire House.
– TIF No. 4 The District now incorporates a Menards Store and a Pick & Save.
1) Commercial – Multi-Family, Office, Retail $0.12/sq. ft
2) Manufacturing and Industrial $0.11/sq. ft
3) Special Occupancies $0.08/sq. ft
4) Erosion Control $175+75/acre after 1
5) Reinspection $30
6) Work started before permit is issued, Double Fees
7) Plan Review
a. Minimum Fee $40
b. Residential, Commercial, & Industrial $0.025/sq. ft.
8) Zoning Text or Map Amendment $350
9) Variance Request or Appeal $250
10) Conditional Use Permit $250
11) PUD Petition Review $400
12) Special Meeting Fee/Plan Commission $150
13) Site Plan Review/Plan Commission $150
14) Occupancy – Commercial/Industrial/Office $100
15) Temporary Occupancy Permit $75
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: The average time from submittal to final approval is about 45 days in most cases.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are no building or growth moratoria in place now.
Environmental Issues: The Village of West Milwaukee has traditionally been an old industrial community. Much of the commercial development today is redevelopment, which oftentimes means Brownfield issues.
Internet Connection: www.westmilwaukee.org
– Much of the site regarding development is under construction
– Full Municipal Code
– Basic Map
– Contact Information