The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s Lubar School of Business will present a day-long seminar titled “2011 Outlook Conference” on Thursday, March 24, at the UWM Union, 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee.
Panelists and presenters at the conference will discuss topics including economics and strategy, mergers and acquisitions and the capital markets, changes in the regulatory environment, investment positioning in volatile markets, creating value for shareholders, and more.
The seminar will also feature a “Manufacturing Outlook” panel discussion, which will be held from 3:45 to 5:15 p.m. The panel will feature:
- Mike Laszkiewicz, vice president of power control business, Rockwell Automation
- Dawn Tabat, chief operating officer, Generac
- Pat Bartling, vice president of global operations, Joy Global
- Kurt Prange, incoming president of the Milwaukee World Trade Association and sales manager for Bentley World Packaging Ltd.
- Anthony Ross, Rockwell Automation Endowed Chair in Supply Chain Management, Professor at the UWM Lubar School of Business
The panel will discuss the rise in exporting by Milwaukee-area manufacturers in recent years, recently rising commodity prices, the effect of the dollar’s current valuation, the challenges many Milwaukee area manufacturers face in finding new workers, and much more.
The panel will be moderated by Eric Decker, reporter with BizTimes Milwaukee. BizTimes Media, the corporate parent of BizTimes Milwaukee, is media sponsor for the event.
For information on the event or to register, visit www4.uwm.edu/business/news/events/market_outlook/index.cfm.