This photo, taken circa 1940, shows The Pabst Theater at North Water and West Wells Streets. The theater was built in 1895 by architect Otto Strack. Renovated on several occasions to both modernize the theater and preserve its historic elements, the Pabst is still a venue for concerts and performances today.
—This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection. Additional images can be viewed online at www.mpm.edu.