Want to Read More?
Paid BizTimes subscribers get unlimited access to all Insider content and much more. Learn more in our Insider FAQ.
Already an Insider? Log In
Or click here to purchase a paywall bypass link for this article.
Ardent in Milwaukee seeks to blend the earthy with the contemporary. The mood of both the space and the dishes is comfortable yet refined. Ardent’s menu features simple ingredients that have been elevated in a space that accommodates intimate conversation. The price for the 12-course tasting menu is $135 per person.
- Beef Tartare - Beef from Carlisle Farm (chef and owner Justin Carlisle’s family farm in Sparta), deviled egg mousse, roasted bone marrow and chive.
- Caviar - Potato pancake, pear gelée, pickled pear, creme fraiche and maple vinegar.
- Cod Skin Snack - Cod roe, gribiche, malt vinegar powder and dill pollen.
- Black Truffle Mochi Doughnut - Truffle sugar, Rush Creek Reserve cheese mousse and shaved black truffle.
- Opening Pairing Cocktail - Gin, Concord grape vinegar, lime and sage.
- Sea Legs Cocktail - Aged rum, allspice dram, pineapple, ginger beer and nutmeg.
Union House in Genesee Depot is known for its unique menu, featuring wild game infused with classic fine dining. The menu is driven by ingredients and is constantly developing throughout the year. The restaurant also features an extensive wine and scotch list with selections from around the world.
- 8-ounce Center-Cut Filet Mignon, $58
- Chorizo Corn Bread-Stuffed Quail (rotating wild game special), $36-50
- Braised and Grilled Spanish Octopus (rotating seafood special), $30-50
- Pan-Seared Diver Scallops, $42
Classic steakhouse meets modern experiences at Carnevor in downtown Milwaukee. Featuring an award-winning wine list, classic and craft cocktails, and domestic and wagyu steak offerings.
- Japanese Wagyu Filet Mignon, $168 per 6 ounces - Wagyu beef, “A-5” grade, filet mignon from Hokkaido, Japan. Served with Tosazu dipping sauce and Kobe beef jus.
- Bone-In Ribeye, $105 per 24 ounces - Sixty-day-dry-aged bone-in Ribeye steak.
- Twin Tales, $61 - Twin cold water 5-ounce lobster tails, slow roasted and served with steamed vegetables.
- Seafood Fix, market price- Includes Alaskan king crab legs, colossal shrimp, mussels and oysters.
Bacchus – A Bartolotta Restaurant in downtown Milwaukee offers a sleek, new-American dining experience with views of Lake Michigan. The restaurant boasts a wine list of over 570 offerings and has up to 1,000 bottles displayed in its climate-controlled cabinet. The name Bacchus is a nod to the Roman god of wine. Bacchus’ three-course fixed menu is $65 per person.
- Spanish Octopus - accompanied by chorizo, fingerling potatoes, Manchego cheese and saffron aioli.
- Foie Gras - Duck foie gras torchon with pine nut butter, Concord grape compote and toasted brioche.
- Australian Wagyu Beef Short Rib - served with marinated Japanese eggplant and a black garlic vinaigrette.
- Champagne – Bacchus has one of the largest, most comprehensive wine lists in the city, and features several categories of champagne.
Looking for more restaurants like these? You can check out similar establishments like Palace Casino Resort - Top-rated restaurant.