The Luekemia & Lymphoma Society’s annual Team In Training (TNT) program will kick off in January with a series of informational meetings here in the Milwaukee area.
TNT is the world’s first, largest and most successful charity sports training program, which provides participants four to five months of certified coaching, a supportive group of teammates, clinics on nutrition, equipment, injury prevention and safety to help them complete a marathon, half marathon, triathlon, or cycling event. Participants train and compete in honor of a patient battling leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma. TNT arranges airfare and hotel accommodations to the event of your choice in locales including Lake Tahoe, Seattle, and San Diego. In exchange, participants raise funds to support blood cancer research and patient services.
Informational meetings in the Milwaukee area include:
- Wednesday, Jan. 6- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 200 S. Executive Dr., Suite 203, Brookfield, at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 7 – Sports Core,100 Willow Creek Drive, Kohler, at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12 – Cedar Creek Winery, N70 W6340 Bridge Road, Cedarburg, at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan.16 –The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 200 S. Executive Dr., Suite 203, Brookfield, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 21 –Franklin Public Library, 9150 W. Loomis Road, Fadrow A Room, Franklin, at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan.23 –UW-Milwaukee, Enderis Hall, Denemark Lounge, 2400 E. Hartford Ave., Milwaukee, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 28 – Froedtert Cancer Center, M3100 Meeting Room, 9200 W. Wisconsin Ave., Wauwatosa, at 6 p.m.