High-end apartments overlooking Lake Michigan in St. Francis, development of the Layton Avenue commercial corridor and more will be topics at the fourth annual South Shore economic development forum Oct. 14.
Milwaukee County Board Supervisor Patricia Jursik and the South Shore Chamber of Commerce will host the forum at 6:30 p.m. the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center. Updates on the major development projects happening in the four municipalities that make up the South Shore will be provided from the mayors and development officials from the cities.
Highlights will include:
- Development along Layton Avenue from Mitchell International Airport to Lake Michigan and a construction update of Packard Avenue in Cudahy.
- An update on the FBI building at 3600 S. Lake Drive in St. Francis.
- Kenosha-based Bear Development LLC’s plans to build apartments on 11 acres between the Park Shore condominium development at South Lake Drive and East Howard Avenue, and The Landing condos at South Lake Drive and East Denton Avenue in St. Franci.s
- An update on the opening of Meijer and Drexel Town Square and the progress of the Lake Development in Oak Creek.
- A plan to refurbish the downtown business district in South Milwaukee.
“This is one-stop shopping to get all the information you need along the South Shore, not just hearing about one project at a time,” Jursik said.