Last updated on March 16th, 2020 at 11:58 am
YWCA Southeast Wisconsin
1915 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
(414) 374-1800 | ywcasew.org
Facebook: facebook.com/YWCASEW | Twitter: @YWCASEW
Year founded: Incorporated in 1893
Mission statement: YWCA Southeast Wisconsin (SEW) is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Primary focus of your nonprofit organization: YWCA SEW brings its mission to life through individual empowerment services to support economic self-sufficiency (adult education, job readiness, and personal financial management coaching) while also focusing on racially just community-building through workshops, thought leadership and business consulting.
Other focuses of your organization: YWCA SEW is part of a national network that advocates for positive change on issues that impact women and families such as health & safety, civic engagement, and fair pay. Much of its work is done in collaboration, assuring wise stewardship of community resources.
Number of employees at this location: 28 in Milwaukee; five in Racine
Key donors: 1,000+ individual donors, Allstate, Baird, BMO Harris Bank, Brewers Community Foundation, Forrest County Potawatomi Foundation, GE Healthcare, Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Green Bay Packers Foundation, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Northwestern Mutual, Quarles & Brady, Rockwell Automation
Executive leadership: Ginny Finn, president & CEO (Interim)
Board of directors: Kimberley Noon, Cielo Healthcare, chair
Is your organization actively seeking board members for the upcoming term? Yes.
What roles are you looking to fill? Ambassadors for building a more economically vibrant region. Skills especially sought: finance, public/press relations, IT project management, great networkers of all kinds. We have and are committed to a multigenerational board representing our region’s diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
Ways the business community can help your nonprofit:
- Raise our profile – we can only help people if they know of our services.
- Use our distinct consulting services to support your inclusion and equity goals.
- Sign up for our renowned class: Unlearning Racism – Tools for Action.
- Check out our volunteer opportunities (Milwaukee office is only 6 blocks from Fiserv Forum).
Key fundraising events:
- 25th Anniversary Circle of Women, April 23, Discovery World, 5-8:30 p.m.; an event truly unlike any other.
- An Evening to Promote Racial Justice, December TBD 2020, program celebration with thought-provoking, prominent speakers.
- Boutique Bash, November TBD 2020, Dress for Success boutique with special sales.