- Monday, July 26, Milwaukee Brewer, Ryan Braun and Air Tran Airways will host the Big Fly Home Run Derby at Helfaer Field at Miller Park from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.. Local television and radio personalities will participate in the two-round slow-pitch softball derby to try to clear the 200 foot walls of Helfaer Field. In celebration of the event, Air Tran will donate $10,000 to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee. Kids from the YMCA Summer Day Camp will shag balls in the outfield. The event is free to attend.
- Saturday, July 24 Horny Goat Brewing Company has teamed up with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to raise money for cystic fibrosis research. The two will host the Tailgoat Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis. The tailgate event will highlight Horny Goat Beer and Usinger Brats before Milwaukee Brewers take on the Washington Nationals at 6 p.m. Tickets to the event are $45 and include a ticket to the game, beer, brats, raffle prizes and a free shuttle to and from the game. To purchase your ticket to this event please go to http://hornygoatcffundraiser.weebly.com.
- Saturday, July 24 St, Francis-based Wixon, Inc., will host its 18th annual Wixon Open at Bristol Oaks Country Club in Bristol. The event is open to the public and features scramble format golf, a cart, dinner and prize drawings. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin. Since its inception in 2000, the event has raised more than $100,000 for Milwaukee-area charities. Cost to play is $85 per golfer. The deadline for registration, hole sponsorship, and donated prizes is Friday, July 16. For more information about the Wixon Open, to register, sponsor a hole, or donate prizes, contact Bruce Buerger or Larry Andersen at (414) 769-3000.
- Monday, July 28 Wegener CPAs and Consultants LLP will host a Health Care Tax Credit & HIRE Act Seminar for nonprofits from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Wegener offices, 6737 West Washington Street, Milwaukee. The seminar will discuss what the new small business health care tax means for nonprofit and other tax-exempt organizations. Attendees will learn which employers are eligible for the credit, what the maximum credit allowed is, how the credit is calculated and how the credit is claimed. Kim Ruef, partner with Wegner CPAs & Consultants will discuss these tax breaks. The seminar is free to attend. For more information and to register click here.
- Saturday, July 31 Southeastern Youth & Family Services will host, Faces of our future…A Night at Sobelman’s Tallgrass Grill. The event will be held at Sobelman’s Tallgrass Grill, 1952. N. Farwell Ave. from 5 to 7 p.m. and will feature drumming demonstrations by Southeastern youth; an art sale showcasing paintings and other artwork created by youth during art classes; and raffle prizes with drawings throughout the evening. Tickets for the Brighter Future Raffle will also be sold which features a top prize of two AirTran Airways round trip tickets. Dave Sobelman, owner of Tall grass Grill, will donate a dollar for every burger sold during the event to the cause. The event is free to attend, but food and raffle tickets must be purchased separately. For additional information or to purchase Brighter Future Raffle tickets, please contact Carol McLain at 414-464-1800 ext. 227 or email@example.com.
- Saturday, July 31 Stillwaters Cancer Support Services and the American Cancer Society will host the Seventh Annual Great Cancer Shootout at the Wern Valley Sportsmens Club, S36 W29657 Wern Way, in Waukesha. Shooting opens at 10 a.m. for the 50 Bird Sporting Clay event, and the last squad will begin by 3 p.m. No reservations required. Event will feature a Bartolotta’s Fireworks Display, Music by 4 on the Floor, raffles and a live auction. Shooter entries are available for $20 or $35. Visit www.wernvalley.com for more information.
- Saturday, Aug. 28 The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin will host its Walk & Run for Wishes along Milwaukee’s Lakefront. The 5k walk, run and wheelchair raise will raise funds to help support the wishes of Wisconsin children. Vince Condella, chief meteorologist of WITI-TV FOX6 will serve as honorary chair. Guests will be able to enjoy live entertainment from The Screamin’ Cucumbers, face painting and a kids’ dash, all at the north end of the Henry W. Maier Festival Grounds. Interested participants can register at www.walkforwishes.com or by calling 800.236.WISH.
To view additional calendar items or to submit your own events please visit the BizTimes.com calendar