- Monday, May 17 The Milwaukee Center for Independence, 2020 W. Wells St. will host a career fair from 3 until 6 p.m. The organization is recruiting for a number of different positions including registered nurses and certified nursing assistants.
- Monday, June 7 The 11th Annual Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation Golf Outing, Dinner and Auction for Spinal Cord Injury Research will be held at Silver Spring Country Club, N56 w21318 Silver Spring Drive in Menomonee Falls . In 2009, the outing earned $150,000 for researchers who are hard at work trying to find a cure for paralysis. To register or for more information visit, www.brpf.org
- Tuesday, June 8 The Helen Bader Institute for Nonprofit Management at UW-Milwaukee in partnership with the Marquette Legal Initiative for nonprofit corporations will host a Forum on the Nonprofit Sector: Nonprofits and Property Tax Exemption from 8:30 to 11:15 a.m. at the UW-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave. The growing fiscal challenges facing municipalities across the country are magnifying the importance of property tax as a source of revenue and increasing the controversy over property tax exemptions for charitable organizations. Pittsburgh has become a hotbed of activity where nonprofit property tax exemptions are being challenged, and similar tensions are surfacing in Wisconsin communities. The forum will feature a panel of experts including: Margaret Derus, attorney, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren S.C.; Kevin Kearns, professor of public policy, university of Pittsburgh, Timothy Radelet, general counsel, Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority and Peter Weissenfluh, chief assessor, City of Milwaukee Assessor’s Office. The event is free and open to the public for more information or to register click here.
- Friday, June 11 The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens will host is annual fundraising event at the gardens, 9400 Boerner Dr., Hales Corners, from 6-9 p.m. Guests can enjoy the gardens in full bloom, music from Cream City Jazz, food and drink from Bartolotta Catering, a silent auction and raffle, and live green demonstrations. Cost to attend is $75 For Information & reservations, contact Kristine at 414-525-5661 or email@example.com
- Monday, July 19 St. Francis Foundation will host its Annual Golf Outing at Tuckaway Country Club. Participation in the outing will benefit the children educated at the Child Development Center of St. Joseph and the senior residents who call Villa St. Francis their home. Those interested can choose to play in the outing, provide raffle or auction items, or make cash donations. For questions or for further information call the St. Francis Foundation office at 414-645-5337, ext 270
To view additional calendar items or to submit your own events please visit the BizTimes.com Calender