- Wednesday, Nov. 16 Women’s Focus Luncheon professional showcase will be held at Ozaukee Country Club, 10823 North River Road in Mequon beginning at 11:30 a.m. The event will showcase talents of members including gift baskets, pottery, interior design, jewelry, home services, and more. Reservations can be made at www.womensfocus.org or by calling 262-377-3118. The cost of the luncheon program is $20 and this event is open to members and guests.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 Climbing for a Cure to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will be held at the U.S. Bank Building from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Nearly 500 participants will meet and climb 47 floors, 94 flights, 1,034 steps. Once participants reach the top, they have the opportunity to enjoy amazing panoramic views of Downtown Milwaukee before heading down to the post-climb celebration, complete with food, drinks, entertainment and awards! Corporate Teams, local Fire and Police Departments and fitness fanatics will be present. Net proceeds will go toward cystic fibrosis (CF) research, care and education programs. For more information visit: http://wisconsin.cff.org/climb.
- Friday, Nov. 18 The Latino Community Center (LCC) will host a Recognition Dinner at Milwaukee Public Market, 400 N. Water Street, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Elizabeth A. Brinn Foundation, Richard Wiederhold, Bill Jollie and Victor Huyke will be honored at the event. Entertainment will be provided by the Aztec Dancers. Dinner provided by Margarita Paradise. Single tickets are $75.00; please RSVP by calling Bridgett Gonzalez, 414-273-7121, x 211 or email: email@example.com.
- Saturday, Nov. 19 The Herzing Educational Foundation presents Celebration Hope 2011 at the Intercontinental Hotel, 139 E. Kilbourn Ave. The event benefits Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee and The Herzing Educational Foundation’s Boys & Girls Clubs Scholarship fund. The evening will feature a night of art, wine tasting, dining and dancing. Its main highlight is a silent auction of judged art work made by Boys & Girls Club members. In all, 30 fine art and photography pieces were submitted by local children and teens. All the proceeds from the auction benefit Boys & Girls Clubs and a scholarship fund for Club members who pursue a post-secondary education through Herzing University. For ticket information, visit http://www.celebrationhope.org/.
- Thursday, Dec. 1 The Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee will host the 17th annual “Spirit of the Nonprofit Sector: Holiday Celebration of Diversity” from 5:30-8:30 p.m., at the Italian Community Center, 631 E. Chicago St. The event will feature live music, ethnic foods, artists, and displays, the event showcases the many cultures and tradition that make Milwaukee unique. Artists, vendors and representatives of local nonprofits will share their talents and offer handcrafted gifts for sale. Tickets are $30 each, $50 for two, and $8 for children 12 and under. The Nonprofit Center’s annual event supports training and technical assistance for nonprofit agencies in the Greater Milwaukee area. To make reservations, call (414) 344-3933.
For additional nonprofit events visit the BizTimes.com calendar by clicking here.