Upcoming nonprofit events, workshops or fundraisers you should know about
- Monday, Sept. 7 River Alliance of Wisconsin will kick off its 3rd Annual River Alliance Online Auction with proceeds going to benefit its work preserving and protecting Wisconsin’s rivers. Bid on items like overnight trips to Chicago, whitewater rafting adventures, hot air balloon rides and others. Bidding goes through 4:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 25 Check it out today at http://wisconsinrivers.cmarket.com.
- Thursday, Sept 10 The Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee will host Starting a Nonprofit and Beyond: Legal Issues and Documents every Thursday at its facility, 2819 W Highland Blvd, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. through Thursday, Dec. 3. The workshop will guide you through the completion of necessary forms to become a 501(c)(3). “Orientation to Starting a Nonprofit” is strongly suggested as a prerequisite to this class. Presenter: Jacqueline Boynton, Attorney, Boynton Law Offices Fee: $70; $50 Nonprofit Center members and CDBG agency attendees. To register, please contact the Nonprofit Center at (414) 344-3933
- Thursday, Sept. 10 Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee hosts its Commitment to Justice Awards Ceremony at the Milwaukee Hilton City Center, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave. from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The evening will include an award presentation, cocktails and a coffee and dessert bar. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased through Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee, 414-342-0883, or via e-mail email@example.com.
- Thursday, Sept. 10 The Milwaukee Athletic Club will host the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund Dinner and Fundraising event from 7 to 10 p.m. Mike Ditka, Gale Sayers, Dan Hampton along with Gilbert Brown, Chris Jacke and Frank Winters and other Packer teammates will be in attendance. The function is to benefit retired NFL players in dire need. A silent auction will also take place. Please contact Brad Schendel to make reservations at (414) 274-0622.
- Saturday, Sept. 12 Elmbrook Humane Society celebrates Wag Fest at Mitchell Park, 19900 River Road in Brookfield, from 12 to 7 p.m. All proceeds from the event will go to support the society’s efforts in providing medical care, spay/neuter, and temporary refuge to the animals at the shelter, as well as promoting education of humane care and treatment of animals. Admission to the event is free and includes refreshments, live music, raffle items, dog courses, and adoptable animals. Dogs are welcome.
- Sunday, Sept 16 and Monday, Sept 17. Interfaith’s RSVP volunteer program is hosting a two day VolunteerFest where Milwaukee non-profit agencies can connect with individuals or groups who are interested in volunteering. Attending this one stop shop will help people speak directly to different agencies so that a match of needs, interests and abilities can be made. VolunteerFest will take place from 3 to 7p.m. on Sept. 16, at Wilson Park Senior Center, 2601 W. Howard Ave., and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 17, at Washington Park Senior Center, 4420 W. Vliet St.
To view additional events or to submit your nonprofit event, visit the BizTimes interactive calendar at www.biztimes.com/cal/community-events.