- Saturday, Aug. 25, Walk & Run for Wishes will wind its way along Milwaukee’s lakefront. The 5K or 1-mile walk, run and wheelchair race will support Make-A-Wish Wisconsin. The walk and run race starts at the north end of the Henry Maier Festival Grounds at 10 a.m. with the wheelchair race kicking off at 9:55 a.m. Day of registration starts at 8:30 a.m. The event will also feature entertainment like face painting and a live band, and racers wearing their Walk & Run t-shirt will receive complimentary admission into Mexican Fiesta from noon to 3 p.m. To register online or find more information, visit www.walkforwishes.com.
- Saturday, Aug. 25, the “Stuff the Truck for Independence Drive” is taking place at Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84th Street in Milwaukee from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. AT&T is collaborating with IndependenceFirst (italics) and River Run Computers to make the free electronic collection drive possible. Donations will support IndependenceFirst (italics), a Milwaukee-area nonprofit organization benefitting people with disabilities. Electronics accepted (with a plug or battery) include computers, laptops, cell phones, tablets, appliances and televisions. Computer accessories such as mice and keyboards will also be accepted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-228-7474 with questions about the event or for more information about alternative drop-off dates.
- Saturday, Aug. 25 and Sunday, Aug. 26, Wings Over Waukesha Airshow takes place at the Waukesha County Airport, 2525 Aviation Drive in Waukesha. Air demonstrations begin at 10:30 a.m. both days, and the event opens at 9 a.m. The show includes wing walkers, sky divers and military aircraft. Attendees can also ride in an airplane or helicopter and meet area pilots. Tickets cost $10 for adults at the door and $5 for kids between ages 10 and 17. Children ages 9 and under receive free admission. Proceeds will benefit the airshow, which is hosted by the Wings over Waukesha, Inc. nonprofit. Proceeds will also support additional nonprofit organizations raising funds at the airshow for aircraft restoration and aviation education scholarships among other causes. For more information, visit http://www.wingsoverwaukesha.com/.
- Sunday, Sept. 2, The Muscular Dystrophy Association of Milwaukee and WITI network affiliate Fox 6 will present the MDA SHOW of STRENGTH. The local broadcast of the annual Labor Day weekend show, scheduled for 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (CST), will feature Milwaukee-area families living with muscle disease, the latest research advancements in muscle disease and performances from music artists like Carrie Underwood and One Republic along with celebrity appearances from stars like Tim McGraw and Kurt Warner. For more information about the broadcast, visit www.mda.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 8, Good Harvest Market, 1850 Meadow Lane in Pewaukee, will host a Harvest Health Fair from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. The 8th annual fair will include healthy living classes, an organic cookout and a 30K run benefitting nonprofit NuGenesis Farm. NuGenesis focuses on sustainable organic agriculture and research of food as medicine. The run starts at 7:30 a.m. at West Wood Health & Fitness, 2900 Golf Road in Pewaukee, and costs $45. Registration closes Friday, Sept. 7. For more information about the run, NuGenesis Farm or the Harvest Health Fair, visit http://www.goodharvestmarket.com/.
No posts to display