Last updated on July 3rd, 2019 at 07:16 pm
* Saturday, Dec. 7, the Milwaukee Art Museum will host Yoga @ the Museum from 8:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. The monthly yoga session, presented by the museum and omTownYogis, caters to all skill levels. The museum, located at 700 N. Art Museum Dr. in Milwaukee, will open for attendees at 7:45 a.m. Pre-registration is preferred and is available until 5 p.m. on Friday at http://omtownyogis.org/. Walk-ins will also be accepted depending on space. Attendees must bring their own mat. A $15 donation is encouraged to support the museum and omTownYogis’ Annual Grant Fund. For more information Yoga @ the Museum, contact Jennifer Kobe, special events coordinator at the museum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sunday, Dec. 8, Milwaukee museums’ Member Swap Program will allow museum members to gain free admission at any of the six participating museums. Members of one museum visiting another must simply show their museum membership card and photo ID at the admissions desk of any of the museums to get free admission from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The number of individuals admitted depends on membership level. Participating museums are the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, Discovery World, the Grohmann Museum, the Harley-Davidson Museum, the Milwaukee Art Museum, and the Pabst Mansion.
* Tuesday, Dec. 10, the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee will host an information session on ways to “Collaborate with MKE123.” MKE123 Collaborate is a free online resource for nonprofit organizations that keeps materials organized for staff work groups, committees, and shared projects with other organizations. Laurel Turner, MKE123 Coordinator at the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee, will guide the information session. The free event will run from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee’s office, located at 2819 W. Highland Blvd. in Milwaukee. For more information or to register, visit www.nonprofitcentermilwaukee.org.
* Thursday, Dec. 12, Literacy Services of Wisconsin will hold a volunteer orientation for individuals interested in learning more about how they can contribute to the organization’s tutoring services. The orientation will cover the nonprofit organization’s mission and literacy programs. Attendees will not be required to make a volunteer commitment at the orientation. The meeting will run from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the nonprofit’s office, located at 555 N. Plankinton Ave. in Milwaukee. For more information, contact Mark Neufang at email@example.com or 414-344-5878.
* Wednesday, Dec. 18, the Young Nonprofit Professional Network (YNPN) Greater Milwaukee Chapter will host a YNPN Holiday Reunion at Eatery on Farwell, located at 2013 N. Farwell Ave. in Milwaukee. The holiday get-together will include appetizers provided by YNPN, and drinks will be available for purchase from the bar. The event will also feature a White Elephant Gift Exchange. The holiday reunion will run from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Attendees interested in participating in the gift exchange should bring their gift by 6:30 p.m. For more information or to RSVP, visit www.ynpn.org/milwaukee.