Last updated on July 3rd, 2019 at 07:16 pm
* Friday, Dec. 13, the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi are selling home baked goods and handmade gifts to benefit the Dismas Ministry Prison Outreach. The sale will run through 3 p.m. in Room 102 of the Marian Center for Nonprofits, located at 3195 S. Superior St. in Milwaukee. For more information, call 414-486-2383.
* Friday, Dec. 13, the Milwaukee Art Museum will host a concert featuring the Alverno College Choir and Chamber Ensemble. The free concert will run from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Windhover Hall at the museum, located at 700 N. Art Museum Dr. in Milwaukee. For more information about art museum events, visit www.mam.org/calendar.
* Friday, Dec. 13; Saturday, Dec. 14; and Sunday, Dec. 15, The Milwaukee Rep will continue its seasonal performances of “A Christmas Carol.” The classic Dickens tale has been part of The Rep’s history for the past 38 years. The production runs about two hours and is recommended for children age 7 and older. Performances are scheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Friday, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, and noon and 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. The Rep will stage additional performances throughout the rest of the holiday season. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.milwaukeerep.com.
* Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15, the Milwaukee Ballet will kick off its annual holiday productions of “The Nutcracker” at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, located at 929 N. Water St. in Milwaukee. The family-friendly performances of the famous ballet run two hours. Performances are scheduled for 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and 1:30 p.m. on Sunday. Additional performances are scheduled to run throughout the month. Tickets begin at $31.68. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.milwaukeeballet.org.
* Wednesday, Dec. 18, the Young Nonprofit Professional Network (YNPN) Greater Milwaukee Chapter will host a YNPN Holiday Reunion at Eatery on Farwell, located at 2013 N. Farwell Ave. in Milwaukee. The holiday get-together will include appetizers provided by YNPN, and drinks will be available for purchase from the bar. The event will also feature a White Elephant Gift Exchange. The holiday reunion will run from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Attendees interested in participating in the gift exchange should bring their gift by 6:30 p.m. For more information or to RSVP, visit www.ynpn.org/milwaukee.
* Wednesday, Dec. 25, The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County will hold its annual “Christmas Family Feast,” a 24-year tradition. The feast, free and open to the public, will include ham, turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, dinner rolls, desserts and beverages. The Salvation Army expects to feed 8,000 to 10,000 people during the event, which will run from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Wisconsin Center District, located at 400 W. Wisconsin Ave. in Milwaukee.