Behind-the-scenes tours, special children’s programming and admission deals are on tap as part of the second annual Milwaukee Museum Week.
The event kicks off Saturday and runs through Jan. 26. More than 100 programs and events will be offered throughout the week at 17 participating Milwaukee area museums.
Milwaukee Museum Week is sponsored by the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and designed to increase community members’ exposure to the city’s various museums.
A few highlights from the week include:
- Youth Free Day, Jan. 20: All visitors age 18 and under get in for free at all participating museums.
- Hidden MPM: Exhibit Highlights Tour, Milwaukee Public Museum, Jan. 18, 19, 25, 26
- Milwaukee Museum Week DIY Projects in the Kohl’s Design It! Lab, Discovery World , Jan. 18, 19, 24, 25, 26
- Breweriana Sale, Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear, Jan. 18-19
- Behind the Scenes Tour at Jewish Museum Milwaukee, Jan. 21
- Collecting History: A Curators Panel Discussion, Milwaukee County Historical Society, Jan. 23
- Yoga at the Museum, Milwaukee Art Museum, Jan. 25
- Member Swap Day, Jan. 26: Members of Betty Brinn Museum, Charles Allis Art Museum, Milwaukee Art Museums, Milwaukee Public Museum, and Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum get in free to any of the other museums on this list when you present your membership card.
A full list of events and participating museums is available at MKEMuseumWeek.org.