Last updated on May 14th, 2019 at 08:27 am
The winners of this year’s Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation were recently announced at the 20th annual awards ceremony.
The annual gala, hosted by LISC Milwaukee, recognizes businesses, nonprofit organizations and individuals involved with community development efforts in Milwaukee’s central city.
“The winners and finalists and the works they do every day offer all of us inspiration and hope for an equitable economic future for all,” said Donsia Strong Hill, executive director of LISC Milwaukee.
The celebration was held April 11 at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino.
The award winners included:
- Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Browning Elementary/Silver Spring Neighborhood Center Multi-Sport Collaborative Group
- BMO Harris Cornerstone Award: Running Rebels Community Organization
- Chase Economic Development Award: Blue Skies Landscaping
- Northern Trust Navigator Award: Susan Lloyd of Zilber Family Foundation
- Associated Bank Trail Blazer Award: MATC Promise
- State Farm Building Blocks Award: Welford Sanders Historic Lofts and Enterprise Center
- The winners of the Wells Fargo People’s Choice Award, chosen through a social media voting campaign, were: Running Rebels, MATC Promise and Washington Park Neighbors.
- The Northwestern Mutual Collaboration Award was given to Reclaiming Our Neighborhoods, a partnership among Sherman Park Community, Washington Park Partners, Riverworks Development Corporation and Clarke Square Neighborhood Initiative.
Each of the winners will receive $1,000.
A selection committee of 40 private, public and government volunteers selected the finalists and winners.