Local Initiatives Support Corporation’s Milwaukee affiliate is accepting nominations for its 2016 MANDI Awards program, which will recognize individuals and organizations spearheading revitalization efforts in Milwaukee neighborhoods.
The 17-year-old awards program, officially known as the Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation, features five categories:
- BMO Harris Bank Cornerstone Award: Salutes an organization for commitment and effectiveness.
- Northern Trust Navigator Award: Applauds an individual for excellence in leadership and collaboration.
- PNC Trail Blazer Award: Highlights an innovative approach to a community issue.
- State Farm Building Blocks Award: Recognizes a real estate project that significantly improves a city neighborhood.
- Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Honors a public space that rejuvenates a neighborhood.
Winners will be celebrated during a gala on March 16, when they will each receive a trophy and $1,000 for their efforts.
Nominations for the 2016 program, sponsored by U.S. Bank, will be accepted through Monday, Oct. 19. LISC will reveal finalists, chosen by an independent committee, during a celebration on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
LISC will also hand out the Wells Fargo People’s Choice Award, which gives the community an opportunity to vote online for the finalist they believe is most deserving of recognition, and the Vision Award, administered by its Local Advisory Board.