Last updated on July 3rd, 2019 at 07:09 pm
Lionel Richie will headline the American Family Insurance Amphitheater on July 2 during Summerfest, the festival’s operator announced today.
The singer-songwriter and current “American Idol” judge will be joined by special guest Michael McDonald.
It will be Richie’s first time headlining the music festival as a solo artist. He previously performed at Summerfest as part of the Commodores at the main stage in 1982.
Numerous outlets have also reported that Jennifer Lopez will play Summerfest on July 3 as part of her “It’s My Party: The Live Celebration” North American tour. That show has not been confirmed by Summerfest.
The headlining acts announced so far for Summerfest 2019 include:
- Thomas Rhett with Dustin Lynch and Russell Dickerson on June 26.
- Outlaw Music Festival on June 27.
- Jason Aldean and Kane Brown on June 28.
- Bon Iver with Lord Huron and Julien Baker on June 29.
- Zac Brown Band on June 30.
- Lionel Richie and Michael McDonald on July 2.
- Ozzy Osbourne on July 4.
- The Killers with Death Cab for Cutie on July 5.
Summerfest 2019 runs June 26-30 and July 2-7.