Last updated on July 17th, 2020 at 11:12 pm
Tim Michels, co-owner of Brownsville-based Michels Corp. and Greg Marcus, the president and chief executive officer of Milwaukee-based The Marcus Corp. will be the featured speakers at BizTimes Milwaukee’s annual Family & Closely Held Business Summit.
Michels Corp. is currently building the R1VER development in Milwaukee, which will include a substantial office for the company, with about 400 employees initially. The development near I-94 and along the Kinnickinnic River in the city’s Harbor District will include office space, apartments and a hotel.
Marcus Corp. has faced tremendous challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic and Marcus will talk about how the company is confronting those challenges as a family business that is also a publicly traded company.
Additional presenters at the Family & Closely Held Business Summit will include:
- Joe Kujawa, former owner of Oak Creek-based KEI (Kujawa Enterprises Inc.) and now senior practice leader with Bruce Wilson & Company.
- Sam Maglio, president of Glendale-based Maglio Companies
- Paul Maglio, director of operations of Maglio Companies
- Theodore “T.J.” Perlick Molinari, vice president of Milwaukee-based Perlick Corp.
The Family & Closely Held Business Summit will be held from 8-10:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 22. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic it will be a free virtual event. Click here to register.
The event will also include several breakout sessions. Attendees can attend two sessions live and the rest will be available on demand. Topics covered in the breakout sessions will include:
- Circumstances changed, Your family’s goals did not: How do we get back on track?
- Communication and company culture
- Leadership in uncertain times
- Has COVID destroyed the M&A seller’s market?
- Identifying key liability risks in the workplace and among your workforce
- Tax strategies for an unprecedented year
- Lessons learned as 4th generation evolves business in 21st century
The Family & Closely Held Business Summit is sponsored by Davis|Kuelthau, s.c., The Riverwood Wealth Management Group at Morgan Stanley and National Exchange Bank & Trust. Vistage is an event partner.