Wednesday, June 7, 2023
2:00 – 6:30 PM
Brookfield Conference Center
Family & Closely Held Business Summit
Join other family & closely held companies as we navigate the complex issues of maintaining a successful, sustainable family or closely held business. It’s your opportunity to learn and network with others who are on the same journey as they strive to build wealth and create a lasting legacy.
Leadership, culture and growth for the next generation
Join BizTimes Media and a panel of family and closely held business owners for idea sharing and hands-on learning to help you navigate your way through the challenges of growing and leading your business.
The program begins with a keynote conversation, followed by a panel discussion, concurrent breakout sessions and a networking and cocktail reception.
- Richard Bemis, Director and Past Chairman / CEO, Bemis Manufacturing Company (1)
- Vesla Hoeschen, Chair of the Board, Bemis Manufacturing Company (2)
Moderator: Bill Edstrom, owner, Edstrom Consulting Group (3)
- Anne Cookson, Co-Owner, Baker’s Quality Pizza Crusts & Crustology – 3rd generation (4)
- Jeannie Cullen, Co-President, JP Cullen – 5th generation (5)
- Matthew Powell, President, Century Fence – 4th generation (6)
Moderator: Arthur Thomas, Managing Editor, BizTimes Media (7)
- Randal J. Brotherhood, Shareholder, Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C.
- Adam J. Tutaj, Shareholder, Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C.
- James M. Sosnoski, Attorney, Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C.
- Mark R. Hamilton Jr., Attorney, Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C.
Michael Gryczka, Vice President, Commercial Lending, National Exchange Bank & Trust
Jerry Weidmann, President, Wolter, Inc.
Exit Planning Options: Internal Sale, External Sale, Private Equity – Is an ESOP Right For You? An ESOP, or Employee Stock Ownership Plan, is one of many different ways to sell your business. This program will explore these options and educate you on creating an exit strategy for business owners looking to both sell their business and provide a tremendous benefit to their employees. We’ll discuss how an ESOP can allow you to sell all or a portion of your company at fair market value, indefinitely defer all capital gains taxes, leave behind a completely tax-exempt company to the employee owners, retain the ability to capitalize on the future growth of the business post sale, and improve employee retention, productivity, profitability, recruitment, and culture. Presenters:
- Rick Jaye, AIF, CRC, Managing Director, Business Transition Advisors
- Kevin Perlberg, CFP, Managing Partner, Blackhawk Capital Partners
- Donald (Trace) Tendick III, MBA, CFP, Partner, Blackhawk Capital Partners
- 2022 Family & Closely Held Business Summit
- 2021 Family & Closely Held Business Summit
- 2020 Family & Closely Held Business Summit
- 2019 Family & Closely Held Business Summit
- 2018 Family & Closely Held Business Summit
- 2017 Family & Closely Held Business Summit
- 2016 Family & Closely Held Business Summit
Interested in sponsoring an event? To reap the benefits of the ultimate in-person marketing opportunity contact Linda Crawford, Director of Sales, to discuss opportunities. Event sponsorships are limited.