W. Scott Satula
Director of Inspection Services/ Zoning Administrator
General Contact Information: 6500 Northway, 53129, (414) 423-2100
Comprehensive Plan: The Village of Greendale has not yet started a plan. If required, the Village will have a comprehensive growth plan in place by the state mandated deadline.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan: In the case of Special Use
• 1st Submittal to Department of Inspection Services
• 2nd Item referred to Plan Commission
• 3rd Plan Commission recommends conditional approval/denial to Village Board
2007 Village Board President: John R. Hermes, Trustees: James M. Birmingham, Sally A. Chadwick, Jeff Birmingham, Ronald A. Barbain, Allan D. Sikorski, James F. Strange, Interim Village Manager: Todd K. Michaels, Clerk-Treasurer: Todd K. Michaels, 4th Village Board conducts a Public Hearing
TIF districts: At this time, Greendale has no plans to implement a TIF district.
Redevelopment Aid: Very flexible, willing to listen.
Projects: Redevelopment of Southridge Mall property
1) Minimum Permit Fee $50
2) Residences- apartments, 3 family and over, row housing, multi-family dwellings, Institutional $0.30/ sq. ft.
3) Residences- additions $0.30/ sq. ft.
4) Local business, office buildings or additions $0.28/ sq. ft.
5) Manufacturing or Industrial $0.24/ sq. ft.
6) Permit to start construction of footings & foundations
a. Multi-family, industrial, commercial $225
b. One and two family $175
7) Agricultural and accessory buildings, garages $0.24/ sq. ft.
8) All buildings, structures, alterations, repairs, residing, where cubic contents cannot be calculated $10/1,000 val.
9) Reinspections $50/inspection
10) Plan examination
a. Apartments, 3 family, row housing, multifamily………………….$250+$25/unit
b. Commercial, industrial alterations & additions……………………………………..$250
c. Resubmission of previously approved plans-commercial……………………….$150
d. Special Use Approval – commercial, mixed-use, new multi-family and cluster housing development, land parceling/ divisions and condominium conversions $150 + all costs incurred by the Village for professional services such as engineering review, planning review, attorney review.
11) Special inspections & reports $150
12) Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Seal $10+State fee
13) Occupancy permits
a. Office, commercial, & industrial….$175
b. Temporary Occupancy Permit (6 months or less) $80
14) Erosion Control Fees
a. 1-2 Family, Multi-family units $170/ building+ $5/1,000 sq. ft. disturbed lot area, $2,000 maximum
b. Commercial lots (same as multi-family)
c. Industrial lots (same as multi-family)
d. Institutional lots (same as multi-family)
15) Signs (also includes mall interior storefront identification signs)) $10/1,000 val. $100 min/ sign
16) Upon failure to obtain a permit before starting work Double Fees
17) Failure to call for a final inspection $50
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: The typical amount of time from the submittal to final approval of a development plan is about 60 to 90 days.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are currently no building or growth moratoria in place.
Environmental Issues: Developers must abide by all state, county, and local rules and regulations governing storm water retention, sanitary sewer and water main installations.
Single Development Department: Department of Inspection Services is the single department throughout the approval process that works directly with the developer. Submittal deadline for Plan Commission Projects is 4 weeks prior to 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Internet Connection: www.greendale.org
– Downloadable Permit Applications for Building Occupancy, Heating, Plumbing, Electrical, & Sign Permits
– Meeting Schedules for various committees/commissions including past minutes
– Contact Information