General Contact Information: 1971 Washington St. 53024-0125, (262) 375-5303, (262) 375-5304 (fax)
Comprehensive Plan: Plan Update has begun, the completion is expected in 2008.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan:
1st Architectural Board Review
2nd Plan Commission Review
3rd Village Board Approval
TIF Districts: Yes, there are 3 TIF districts currently still open.
Redevelopment Aid: Yes, the Village of Grafton is willing to offer certain aid for redevelopment depending on the project. Some examples include: a revolving loan fund for small businesses, downtown facade improvement grants, and sign grants.
– Costco, Best Buy, and Kohl’s Department Store located at the Northeast Corner of Sate Highway 60 and North Port Washington Road.
– Schmit Retail Building will be 19,000 s.f. It is located 1205-49 Port Washington Road and developed by Rick Schmit Construction, the project is near completion.
– Grafton Village Center, 35,000 square feet of retail and office space is now open in the downtown.
– Sendik’s Grocery Store is now complete at the Northwest corner of Wisconsin Avenue and First.
– A new Walgreen’s has now been constructed at the Southwest corner of Falls Road and Wisconsin Avenue.
Fee Schedule: $200 + $500 deposit + the cost of staff time billed at $50 per hour
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: The Village of Grafton estimates the time it takes from initial review to final approval to be 45 to 60 days.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are no building or growth moratoria in place now.
Environmental Issues: There are not any environmental issues in the Village of Grafton of any particular significance.
Single Development Department: Yes, the Planning and Development Department is in contact with developers through the entire development process.
Internet Connection: www.village.grafton.wi.us
– Full Municipal Code
– Basic Map
– Meeting Schedules for various committees/commissions including agendas and minutes
– Contact Informati