The Greater Milwaukee Foundation has provided $4.7 million in support for area nonprofit agencies in the third quarter of 2010. Of the total amount awarded during the second quarter, $2.2 million came from donor advised funds.
Waukesha Memorial Hospital received a $150,000 grant to partner with Sixteenth Street Community Health Center in opening a community clinic to serve Waukesha County’s uninsured and low-income populations. The clinic will be located close to other area resources, including the Family Practice Medical Center and Waukesha County Community Dental Clinic. Of the total amount awarded during the second quarter, $2.2 million came from donor advised funds.
Other organizations that were supported through the Foundation’s competitive grant process include:
- Social Development Commission
- CORE/El Centro for
- Cathedral Center
- La Casa de Esperanza
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce to help Schools That Can Milwaukee
- City of Milwaukee Milwaukee Fatherhood Initiative,
- Skylight Opera Theatre
- Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
- Dr. Howard L. Fuller Education Foundation
- Wisconsin Quilt History Project Inc.
- Urban Underground Inc.
- Milwaukee Artist Resource Network Inc.
- United Migrant Opportunity Services
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts
- Bread of Healing Clinic
- Pearls for Teen Girls
- Penfield Children’s Center
- University of Wisconsin-Waukesha Foundation
- Wild Space Inc.
- African American Children’s Theatre
- Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Services