New York-based shoe retailer Foot Locker Inc. informed state officials this week that it has placed 261 Wisconsin employees on temporary, unpaid furloughs, due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
The furloughs began on April 26, the company said.
“Until very recently, we were hoping the circumstances would have enabled us to reopen sooner,” the company said in a letter to the state.
Foot Locker has 21 Foot Locker, Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Champs Sports stores in Wisconsin where employees are being furloughed. Here is a list of the stores and the number of furloughed employees at each:
- Bay Park Square Foot Locker, Green Bay, 6
- Bayshore Town Center Foot Locker, Glendale, 9
- Bayshore Town Center Champs Sports, Glendale, 9
- Brookfield Square Champs Sports, Brookfield, 9
- East Towne Mall Foot Locker, Madison, 11
- East Towne Mall Champs Sports, Madison, 17
- Fox River Mall Champs Sports, Appleton, 11
- Mayfair Mall Foot Locker, Wauwatosa, 25
- Mayfair Mall Footaction, Wauwatosa, 18
- Mayfair Mall Champs Sports, Wauwatosa, 31
- Mayfair Mall Kids Foot Locker, Wauwatosa, 8
- Midtown Center Foot Locker, Milwaukee, 9
- Midtown Center Kids Foot Locker, Milwaukee, 7
- Mitchell Street Foot Locker, Milwaukee, 5
- Regency Mall Foot Locker, Racine, 5
- Regency Mall Kids Foot Locker, Racine, 7
- Regency Mall, Champs Sports, Racine, 20
- Southridge Mall Foot Locker, Greendale, 10
- Southridge Mall Champs Sports, Greendale, 20
- Valley View Mall Foot Locker, La Crosse, 13
- West Towne Mall Champs Sports, Madison, 11
Get more news and insight in the April 27 issue of BizTimes Milwaukee. Subscribe to get updates in your inbox here.