Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:50 am
- Thursday, Sept. 1 Clifton Gunderson LLP in partnership with Willis will host a free webinar entitled Practical Applications of Health Care Reform: How prepared are you to implement reform provisions? From 1 to 2 p.m. Join professional experts as they explain the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), what participants can do to better manage and benefit from health care reform, and how reform might affect the bottom line. Registration is required at http://www.cliftoncpa.com/Resources/Events/Details/316. For questions about the event, please contact Kathy Kiedrowski at (608) 662-8679 or Kathy.Kiedrowski@cliftoncpa.com.
- Friday, Sept. 9 The West Allis West Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce will host it’s annual Corks and Forks event at the West Allis Farmer’s Market. This year, Forks and Corks will feature wines from Lo Duca Brothers and Syriana Wine Company and our beers are carried by Beechwood Sales and Service. More than 60 beers and wines will be available for sampling and more than 20 restaurants will be serving food. Live music and art will also be highlighted. Tickets are $35 in advance or $45 at the door. Register online at www.wawmchamber.com
- Friday, Sept. 16 The Independent Business Association of Wisconsin will hold its monthly breakfast meeting from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Wisconsin Club, 900 W. Wisconsin Ave. Matt Seaholm of American for Prosperity will be the keynote speaker for the morning. The cost to attend is $30 for IBA members, $40 for non-members. For more information or to register, go to www.ibaw.com, or call (608) 251-5546.
- Sunday, Sept. 18 The Capital Grille in Milwaukee will host a wine dinner to benefit cancer research at The Medical College of Wisconsin and the Peter K Antaramian Fund for Cancer Research at The Medical College of Wisconsin.
The Fund was established in memory of Peter Antaramian who died of a childhood cancer at 28 years of age. The wine dinner will feature pairings from Stone’s Throw Winery in Door County. Tickets cost $200 per person exclusive of tax and tip, with all proceeds benefiting the Medical College’s Cancer Center. A silent auction will also be held with the proceeds also benefiting the Cancer Center. Cocktails begin at 5 p.m., with dinner to follow at 6p.m. For more information, contact Hannah Torkelson at the Medical College, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Makisha Porter at The Capital Grille, Milwaukee@tcgdine.com.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 The Social Media for Businesses & Entrepreneurs forum will be held at the Whitewater Innovation Center from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Sara Meaney, VP of Social Media and Public Relations at Hanson Dodge Creative, will explain the importance of continuing to leverage social media in a competitive business landscape, and a panel of social media experts will share best practices from Edelman PR, American Standard Process, The Wisconsin Humane Society, and Staples Marketing. LinkedIn entrepreneur, Matt Schere will highlight ways to leverage LinkedIn for businesses. Program followed by After-Hours Power Networking and free refreshments. Register at http://bit.ly/uwwic or call 262-472-3165