Last updated on August 1st, 2022 at 12:55 pm
BizTimes Milwaukee is seeking nominations for its annual Nonprofit Excellence Awards program.
The Nonprofit Excellence Awards honor southeastern Wisconsin’s best corporate citizens and its most effective nonprofit organizations, shining a light on excellence in philanthropy and nonprofit leadership.
Winners will be honored at the ninth annual awards program, scheduled for Friday, Nov. 4 at the Italian Community Center.
The nomination deadline is Aug. 26. Self-nominations are encouraged. Click here to submit a nomination.
Click here to see the winners of the 2021 Nonprofit Excellence Awards.
Corporate Citizenship Awards
- Corporate Citizen of the Year: This award is given to a for-profit organization in recognition of its impact to a single or multiple nonprofit organizations through financial contributions collective efforts to promote, encourage and organize fundraising efforts and company-sponsored programs and/or events engaging employees to participate in volunteerism.
- Corporate Volunteer of the Year: This award is given to a for-profit non-executive volunteer who demonstrates outstanding dedication to a nonprofit or multiple nonprofit organizations. Active volunteerism can be ongoing or linked to a specific single project or cause.
- In-Kind Supporter: This award is given to a professional or company that provides in-kind support to single or multiple nonprofit organizations through any type of non-financial contributions.
- Next Generation Leadership: This award is given to a for-profit (under 40 year-old) executive who demonstrates leadership and significant contributions to a single or multiple nonprofit organizations through active leadership on a board and/or strategic management/guidance.
- Lifetime Achievement: This for-profit award is given to an individual who over his/her lifetime has made significant contributions in time, treasure and talent to helping improve our community through his/her work in the nonprofit community.
- Nonprofit Collaboration of the Year: This award recognizes a collaborative project that encompasses developed collaborative relationships with other nonprofit organizations, engagement of multiple stakeholders within the community being served and innovation in approaching a community problem or issue and have leveraged these relationships to make an even more meaningful impact in the community. Note: since this award recognizes a project that may involve multiple organizations or individuals, it may be “awarded” to more than one part of the project in recognition of their contributions.
- Nonprofit Executive of the Year: This award is given to a nonprofit leader who demonstrates vision and innovation in advancing the mission of the nonprofit, extensive involvement in a nonprofit and/or creativity in bringing new resources and opportunities to the nonprofit.
- Nonprofit (Organization) of the Year: This award is given to a nonprofit organization (not an individual) in recognition for creativity and innovation in building a sustainable organization, excellence in teamwork, an outstanding dedication to the organization’s mission in the community, and organizational excellence in management and operations.
- Large (operating budget $3 million and above).
- Small (operating budget under $3 million).
- Social Enterprise: This award recognizes a nonprofit organization that demonstrates creative application of the principles of social enterprise in the operation and funding of the organization.