BizTimes Media is accepting nominations for its annual Health Care Heroes Awards, which honor people in southeastern Wisconsin who are making a difference on the front lines of health care.
The inspirational program has been attended by more than 200 people annually and opens the celebration into the holiday season.
BizTimes is accepting nominations for the following categories:
*Corporate Achievement in Health Care – Honors a company that has successfully implemented an innovative health benefits plan.
* Advancements in Health Care – Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a scientific discovery or for the development.
* Community Service – Honors an individual or an organization for leadership in focusing on solving a particular health care issue.
* Physician – Honors a physician whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
* Nurse – Honors an individual from the nursing field whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients, peers and physicians.
* Health Care Staff – Honors an individual who has made a significant difference in the wellbeing of others.
* Volunteer – Honors an individual who has done volunteer work for the good of one or more people or the entire community.
* First Responder – Honors a person who arrived on the scene of a healthcare emergency utilizing their training to treat and comfort the patient in need.
Winners will be selected later this month by an independent panel of health care professionals.
All Health Care Heroes Award winners will be profiled in the print and online editions of BizTimes Milwaukee. The winners will be saluted at a breakfast on Friday, Dec. 14, from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Wauwatosa.
The deadline for nominations is Oct. 26. To nominate a Health Care Hero, click here.