Andrew Weiland, Maredithe Meyer and Arthur Thomas of BizTimes Media get together to discuss the news of the week, including a vote by Starbucks workers in Oak Creek to unionize. The vote is the latest in a series of victories for the labor movement in southeastern Wisconsin, which has particularly seen success in the hospitality sector. The group discusses if the trend is a sign of life for labor, which suffered major defeats with Act 10 and right-to-work legislation.
Insider Spotlight Stories:
- Milwaukee-based startup Advanced Ionics closes $4.2 million funding round
- Region’s manufacturing growth continues, but outlook worsens
- Center of the action: The winding path to realizing The Avenue’s grand vision
Other stories in this episode
- Oak Creek Starbucks workers vote in favor of unionizing
- Union membership, representation fell in Wisconsin in 2021