- Saturday, Oct 31 YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee will celebrate 150 years of positive impact in the community by holding a 150th anniversary Gala at the Midwest Airlines Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee. For more information or to register for the event visit the YMCA website: http://www.ymcamke.org/150Anniversary/
- Wednesday, Nov. 4 Southeastern Youth & Family Services will host the Faces of Our Future breakfast event at the Italian Conference Center, 631 E. Chicago St. from 8 to 9 a.m. The event will raise awareness and funding for at-risk youth who are in trouble at school or with the law. The event is free to attend, for more information contact Carol A. McLain, CFRE, Development Director at 414-464-1800
- Thursday, Nov. 12 QuickBooks Beyond the Basics for Non-Profits at Wegner LLP CPAs and Consultants Pewaukee Office, W239 N3490 Pewaukee Rd, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. The event is $25 to attend and will cover the following topics: Troubleshooting cash, receivables & payables, Security and data transfer options, Special reports, Cleaning up the chart of accounts and other lists, 1099 processing, Year-end adjustments, Budgeting, Allocations, Non-profit accounting issues. For more information and to register visit http://www.wegnercpas.com/resources/seminars.asp
- Friday, Nov. 13 ArtWorks for Milwaukee’s Night by the River beer & wine tasting fundraiser at the Manpower headquarters, 100 Manpower Place, from 6 to 9 p.m. Enjoy beer & wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, cheese sampling, live jazz music from Sue Russell & the Ray Tabs Trio, local art work, silent and live auctions, and a raffle for two airline tickets. The event will support additional 2010 programming to better prepare local teens to enter the workforce. Pre-registration before Nov. 9 is $25 and cost to attend is $30 at the door. Register online: www.NightByTheRiver.com
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 Ozaukee Family Services will host its Fall Luncheon “There’s No Place Like Home” at North Shore Country Club, 3100 W. Country Club Dr., in Mequon from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Help pave the Yellow Brick Road to help Ozaukee County families succeed. Event will feature lunch, a raffle and guest speakers: the Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and Tin Man.Cost is $45 per person. To make your reservation, call (262) 376-7774 or visit www.OzaukeeFamilyServices.org
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 RitzHolman CPAs, a Milwaukee-based accounting firm, will host a seminar, “Nonprofit Financial Management Update,” at IndependenceFirst from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The event will focus on such issues as the adoption of the new Form 990 and the enactment of a new state law affecting endowment funds. The seminar is free and a continental breakfast will be provided. To register, please contact Missy Barkelar at email@example.com or call 414-390-1182 by Friday, Nov. 13. For additional information visit www.ritzholman.com .
To view additional calendar items or to submit your own events please visit the BizTimes.com calendar