Zoning and Planning Administrator
General Contact Information: 13600 Juneau Boulevard, Elm Grove, WI 53122, (262) 782-6700 (262)782-8714 (fax)
Comprehensive Plan: The Village will approve their first Comprehensive Plan in November 2007.
Basic Process of Approval or Denial of a Development Plan:
Note: Due to the nature of parcels available for development, it is highly likely that the land would require rezoning and/or development agreement approval.
• 1st The developer meets with the Zoning and Planning Administrator to review the plan components. This may also result in a second meeting with the Village President, a Plan Commission member and member of the Building Board to assess the merits of the project and provide comments.
• 2nd The developer submits for a nonbinding conceptual review before the Plan Commission to receive feedback on the project, prior to moving forward with a formal petition.
• 3rd Formal petition is submitted to the Village Board. The petition is sent to the Building Board for review, prior to being reviewed formally in front of the Plan Commission. The Building Board provides a recommendation on the architectural components of the project.
• 4th The Plan Commission provides a recommendation to the Village Board (if rezoning is required) or acts of the petition. Depending on the requirements of the request, the Village conducts all required public hearings and plan reviews.
• Last, the Village Board acts of the petition filed.
TIF Districts: The village implemented its second TIF District encompassing the downtown business district in 2004. The primary purpose of the TIF is to fund the village’s flood management plan that will decrease the floodplain in the downtown business district, and other residential areas, by accommodating for the 100-year flood.
Redevelopment Aids: None.
Projects: The Village will complete construction on the flood management plan in late 2007.
1) Plan commission review fee $25
2) Building board review fee $25
3) Zoning permit $25
4) Certificate of compliance $25
5) Conditional use permit $75
6) Variance or appeal $125
7) Amendment to ordinance $1,000
8) Rezoning application $1,000
9) Planned development overlay $1,500
10) Plan of operation $25
11) Special exception $400
12) Conceptual review fee $1,500
Commercial new structures:
13) Administration and plan review, $.08 per square foot
14) Store, restaurants, taverns, offices $.17 per square foot
15) Manufacturing, industrial $.16 per square foot
16) Vehicle repair/vehicle storage $.18 per square foot
17) Warehouse, shell $.12 per square foot
18) Remodel, minimum charge of $82.50
19) Erosion control permit: first acre $192.50; each acre thereafter $82.50
20) Occupancy permit and temporary occupancy $150
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: Varies depending on requirements.
Building or Growth Moratoria: None.
Environmental Issues: None.
Internet Connection: http://www.elmgrovewi.org/
– 2006 Assessment Code of Ordinances
– Flood Management Project
– Meeting Schedules
– Contact Information