A long list of real estate experts will participate in roundtable discussions during the 2008 Commercial Real Estate Roundtable Forum hosted by The Commercial Association of Realtors Wisconsin (CARW) from 7-9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 1 at the Italian Community Center, 631 Chicago St., Milwaukee.
In the roundtable format there will be 21 tables for small discussion groups that will be led by an expert. Attendees can sit in on any discussion they wish. After 30 minutes attendees will be invited to move to different discussion tables. There will be three half-hour discussion sessions.
The roundtable topics and the experts talking about them will include:
- What’s Hot in Retail: Tony Colvin of Mid-America Real Estate
- What’s Hot in Office: Ned Purtell of RFP Commercial
- What’s Hot in Multi-Family: Gordy Welch of Siegel-Gallagher
- What’s Hot in Industrial: Peter Ginn of First Industrial
- Milwaukee 7 Retaining Corporate Headquarters: Jim Paetsch of Milwaukee Development Corp.
- Third and Fifth Ward Development: Bob Monnat of Mandel Group
- Menomonee River Valley Development: Laura Bray and Cory Zetts of Menomonee River Valley Partners
- Pabst – Building a New Neighborhood: Mike Mervis and Dan McCarthy of Brewery Project LLC
- Chicago’s Growing Impact on Milwaukee: Jerry Franke of Wispark LLC
- Changes in the Capital Markets: Chad Winston of M&I Bank
- TIF Financing and BID District: Christine Cramer of Ruekert Mielke
- 1031 Exchange: John Philipp of Philipp Advisors
- Title Hot Topics: Lisa Petersen of Chicago Title
- Trends in Commercial Property Value: Jeffrey Pyzyk of Appraisal Resource Group
- How to Read a Survey: Michael Rubendall of Crispell Snyder
- How to Read a Blueprint: Brett West of Kahler Slater
- KRM Line Impact on Southeast Wisconsin: Mark Wolfram of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Green Buildings/LEED: Jim Wasley of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Construction Costs in 2008: Chad Bathke of VJS Construction
- Property Management: Lisa Tatro of Transwestern Commercial Services
- Designation for Commercial Real Estate Professionals: Ken Braden of CCIM
To sign up for the event call CARW at (414) 271-2021. The cost is $45 for CARW members, $60 for non-members and $20 for students.