Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:55 am
- Saturday, Oct. 30 The Marcus Corporation will celebrate its 75th anniversary with a black tie gala at The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. The event will feature award-winning performer Al Jarreau, an anniversary presentation, recognition of the top achievers in the company’s associate volunteer campaign and special surprises. All proceeds from the event will benefit the United Way and the United Performing Arts Fund in Milwaukee. The evening’s events will begin at 6:00 p.m. with cocktails and hors d’ oeuvres. Individual tickets and table sponsorships are available. To purchase tickets or to sponsor a table, please contact Peggy Williams-Smith at 414-905-1154. For more information about the company’s 75th anniversary activities and celebration sweepstakes, please visit www.marcus75.com.
- Friday, Nov. 5 Waukesha County Business Alliance and Dicketen Masch Plastics will host the Tenth Annual World of Wines & Beer at Davians Banquet & Conference Center, 16300 W. Silver Spring Drive in Menomonee Falls from 7 to 10 p.m. Cost to attend is $40 per person or $75 per couple. Every couple that attends will receive a gift bag as they leave the event. To order tickets click here.
- Tuesday, Nov. 2 YP Impact has partnered with FUEL Milwaukee and the Waukesha County Business Alliance-Young Professions to host an After 5 Networking Event at Mo’s Irish Pub, 10842 W. Bluemound Road, from 4 to 9:30 p.m. The event will allow young professionals the chance to network while celebrating voting and watching live election coverage. The event is free to attend but preregistration is encouraged and can be done at www.ypimpact.org/
- Sunday, Nov. 7 Badger Association will host the second annual Dining in the Dark event at Bacchus, 925 E Wells St, beginning at 5 p.m. The event will help raise awareness and a deeper understanding for what it means to be blind. Tickets are $250 each and includes a four course meal, wine, and valet parking. For more information visit www.dininginthedarkmke.org
- Tuesday, Nov. 9 Marquette University will host panel discussion on sustainability in business. The panel, called Sustainability and the Triple Bottom Line will feature a panel of experts from GE Healthcare, S.C. Johnson, and Kraft Foods and will be followed by topical break out sessions on sustainable business practices. The event will be held at the Alumni Memorial Union. 1442 W. Wisconsin Ave., from 4 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available to the public. Registration can be done online at the Marquette Event website or by calling Alysia Dvorachek at 414-288-7697.
- Thursday, Nov. 11 The Milwaukee Press Club invites the public to meet local members of the media and celebrate it’s 125th anniversary at it’s annual Meet the Media event at the Newsroom Pub, 137 E. Wells St., from 5 to 8 p.m. Attendees will be entertained by more than 40 "celebrity bartenders,” professionals from nearly all of the area’s media outlets, as well as various community leaders and company leaders throughout the region. The event is free to attend and is open to the public, but pre-registration is required and may be done at www.milwaukeepressclub.org.
- Monday, Nov. 15 The Medical College of Wisconsin will host it’s 2010 Health Care dinner at the Pfister Hotel beginning at 6 p.m. Dr. Charles Krauthammer, syndicated columnist for The Washington Post, will be the keynote speaker for the event. Krauthammer is the winner of the 1987 Pulitzer Prize for distinguished commentary and was named by The Financial Times as the most influential commentator in America. His presentation will be centered around politics in Washington. The event will also include presentation of the Warren P. Knowles Humanitarian Award to Ginny and Mike Bolger, both with a long history of contributions to the Medical College and the community. The award honors an individual or organization from Wisconsin with a commitment to health-related issues and whose work reflects the dedication to public service and education marking the career of Governor Warren P. Knowles. The event is hosted by the Medical College’s Digestive Disease Center Advisory Board and will help raise awareness and funds for digestive disease research. Individual tickets can be purchased for $300 or tables of ten can be purchased for $5,000. Registration and the reception will begin at 6, followed by dinner at 7 and the program at 8 p.m. For sponsorship opportunities, table reservations of tickets, call Amanda Seidel (414) 955-4701 or visit www.mcw.edu/healthcaredinner
- Wednesday, Nov. 10 Active Business Leads Exchange (ABLE) North will host a networking event for members of the Granville-Brown Deer, Germantown, Menomonee Falls, and the Wauwatosa West Suburban Chambers of Commerce to network and share leads at the Hilton Garden Inn- Park Place, 11600 W. Park Place from 7:30 to 9 a.m.Cost to attend is $12 for members in advance, $15 for members at the door and $30 for non-members.