Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:56 am
- Friday, Sept. 17 The Independent Business Association of Wisconsin will host Republican Candidate for Governor Scott Walker as its guest speaker at its monthly meeting at the Wisconsin Club, 900 West Wisconsin Ave., from 7 to 9 a.m. Cost to attend is $30 for members and $40 for guests. Registration is available at www.ibaw.com
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, the Shops of Grand Avenue mall will host a free lunchtime concert in the Center Court food court from 12 to 2 p.m. The 5 Card Studs lounge band will be the entertainment for the afternoon. Guests are invited to bring a lunch or enjoy dining options from the Center Court food court, a storewide sidewalk sale with special guests Milwaukee Cupcake Company, and Fred Boutique & Beauty Salon will also be featured. The event is free to attend.
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 the Granville-Brown Deer Chamber of Commerce will host a Diversity Dialogue at the Hilton Garden Park Place, 11600 W. Park Place from 7:30 to 9 a.m. C. Michelle Bryant, executive director of African World Festival and a known speaker on diversity will guest speak on the topic Color-Blind Society: To Have or Have not. The discussion will address whether race brings together or divides a community and whether or not that creates a color blind society. For more information or registration details visit the Chamber website.
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 YP Impact young professionals organization will host its After5 Networking event at Indulge, 708 N. Milwaukee St., from 6 to 9 p.m. The event will allow young professionals from the area the chance to network in the sleek urban wine room environment. Complimentary appetizers and a cash bar will be available. Cost to attend is $10 for nonmembers. To register visit www.ypimpact.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 25 BizStarts Milwaukee’s Startup Accelerator will be held at the Waukesha County Technical College Small Business Center, 800 Main St. Campus in Pewaukee from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is co-sponsored by BizStarts, CATI and Bucketworks. Startup Accelerator brings together entrepreneurs, idea-generators, resource providers, and people with vision to create new connections through collaborative and open education sessions. The event is free to attend, but a donation to the Waukesha Food Pantry is encouraged. For more information and to register, visit startupaccelerator.org
- Tuesday, Sept. 28 and Wednesday, Sept. 29 The Washington County Economic Development Corporation, Westbury Bank and The West Bend Chamber of Commerce will sponsor “Planning for Success,” a workshop that will help owners and managers understand the financial position of their companies and chart a strategic course for the future. The workshop will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the UW-Washington County, 400 University Drive. The seminar will focus not on the “accounting” of financial data, but how to interpret it strategically and plan accordingly. Cost to attend is $175. Register by calling (262) 338-2666 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.