Construction has commenced on a new parish center for St. Francis of Assisi church and the renovation of the historic St. Francis Monastery at 1927 Vel R. Phillips Ave., in Milwaukee’s Halyard Park neighborhood.
The new parish center will serve as a multi-purpose assembly space for the parish and surrounding community. The historic monastery will be completely renovated into a friary, which will house up to 24 Capuchin friars who are currently living in separate residences.
The project broke ground in June and is expected to be completed in 12 to 18 months.
Developer: St. Francis of Assisi Parish and the Capuchin Franciscan Province of St. Joseph
Size: 54,200 square feet (16,200-square-foot parish center and 38,000-square-foot friary)