Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:21 am
This photo, taken circa 1935, shows an antebellum home on Milwaukee’s East Side often called “The Lion House” that was built in 1855 for Edward Diederichs and later owned by John Johnston, a successful Milwaukee banker who died in 1904. Johnston’s wife lived in the home, located at 1241 N. Franklin Place, until 1936. It now houses The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation Inc. and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
— This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection.